Mechanical Thumbs – Versatility In Action
These three-position thumbs are ideal for use in demolition, recycling operations, landscaping and general construction applications.
FRD USA offers a full line of thumbs designed to fit carriers ranging in size from 3,000-120,000 pounds. All tines are fabricated with AR400 steel, which is 38 percent stronger and 46 percent harder than commonly used T-1 steel. All pins are machined from hardened steel alloy for low maintenance.
Mechanical Thumbs Features & Benefits
- Expanded range of heavy-duty thumbs permits installation on mini-excavators, rubber-tired back-hoes and excavators.
- All steel tines are fabricated with AR400 (abrasion resistant) steel, serrated and gusseted. AR400 is 38% stronger, 46% harder and resists wear better than commonly used T-1 Steel.
- Thumbs feature three versatile, ridged positions to adapt to a variety of working conditions.
- Pins are machined out of hardened steel alloy.
- Overall thumb width never exceeds the carriers minimum bucket width eliminating potential interference during operation.
- Thumbs fold flush and maintain a low profile when pinned flat against mounting bracket.
- No additional parts are required to hold thumb in retracted position.
- All units shipped with easy-to-follow installation instructions.